The prosecutor's office asks to give 10.5 years to a Russian tanker suspected of shooting a high-rise building in Chernihiv

16:55 04 August Kyiv, Ukraine

The prosecutor's office asks to sentence Russian tanker Nikolai Kulikov to ten and a half years, accused of shelling a new building on the outskirts of Chernigov in February.

Kulikov is accused of shelling an apartment building on Rapoport Street on the northern outskirts of Chernihiv on February 26 this year.
This crime was qualified as a violation of the laws and customs of war.

During interrogation in court, Kulikov told how and why he fired the shot, knowing full well that it was a civilian object.. After the Russian tanks crossed the city limits, they drove around a multi-storey building and drove onto an asphalt road. After driving about 100 meters, the commander, by the name of Shchetkin, ordered to strike at the house, allegedly seeing an RPG there.
"Everything was done quickly, on automatism. As with fear. It was scary for myself, for the crew. And that's how I made a shot, ”said the Russian at one of the meetings.
The commander, whom Kulikov spoke about, had been exchanged by the time the trial began, but in a conversation with blogger Yuri Zolkin, he denied that his tanks fired at people or residential buildings.