The meeting of the National Security and Defense Council (NSDC), headed by the Ukrainian leader, took place on Friday, September 30. The meeting participants discussed a number of important issues.
It is reported by the Office of the President.
In particular, the members of the National Security and Defense Council considered the issue of the next attempts to annex the territory of Ukraine and the escalation of armed aggression by the Russian Federation. The meeting participants discussed ways to counter the attempts of the aggressor country to annex Ukrainian territories.
The heads of the Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson OVAs and the permanent representative of the President in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea spoke about the "vote" held by the occupiers in the occupied Ukrainian territories. In particular, during the "referendums" there were numerous violations and manipulations with the voter lists.
The National Security and Defense Council also considered the issue of ensuring the collective security of Ukraine and the Euro-Atlantic space.
The members of the National Security and Defense Council discussed the measures to be taken in order to ensure the collective security of the Euro-Atlantic space and Ukraine. Among them:
- strengthening and expanding the international coalition in support of Ukraine,
- increase in military-technical assistance to our state,
- increased sanctions pressure on Russia,
- implementation of security proposals in the international arena,
- activation of the nuclear deterrence strategy of the Russian Federation by the countries of the Euro-Atlantic space,
- countering hybrid threats caused by Russia.